Thursday, September 13, 2012

Your Patience Means Everything!

& Day One Arrived & was a Wild Success!

The Thank You's to so Many Friends & Family have made the entire experience possible, from Vermont to California(that means you John;)

What can I do but Feed YOU Good Food, offer you some Good Music & just simply Share some of the Luv that I feel for much in this Life?

I did say a few words on facebook, but here, I can say a few more! Why? Because I can!!
  I could'nt have dreamed of a better opening day
With 4 good hours of sleep ;), a 5am yoga practice(there was no way I was running in the dark regardless of how much I love Stony Brook Road) & packing the borrowed car(oh the saab broke down again? no, really you say?) I drove quietly through the still dark refridgerator flats, waited at the stop light(not again) on 107 & arrived exactly at 6am to officially begin this new adventure.

I turned on the Mixer, smiled, took a photo(sorry!! but the cord isn't near my bed to upload any photos right now!!)  & nervously hoped everything would turn out ok. I plan on hoping for some time to follow =)

& Its now, 730am.
Susie. My wonderful friend of many years now who's shared the good the bad & the occasionally ugly & my partner in all things Wine;) arrived & the Wild Fern came alive & business began! 
I wasn't really sure of anything. How long to stay open, how much to make, who will come? 
It went better than imagined! & before I knew it, it was time to pick Zoe up!
In that short one hour break I headed up our road to Suzanne's to buy garlic! So if you are looking for some nice bulky homegrown & in my neighborhood Garlic, talk to me. I'll send you to Suzanne ;) 

Pizza Pizza Pizza. If you don't love Pizza? I just don't understand why! But if you do, then having Rick Redington slinging your dough will be one of your best choices ever made in the Land of Pizza. Think I'm kidding? =) I ain't. 
Following the days' example the evening proved to be wild & wonderful with the first ever band coming to play! Our friends Justine, Jake & Tom, an ol'timey acoustic threesome trilled, sawed & slapped unto the night & they even let me join in for a few of my own songs, one a Flood song & not the bitch one ;) & a song I wrote sitting on my stoop watching sheep. The day ended & it was 10pm. 

Day Two~
A Wild Thank You to every single person who bought croissants today & sold me out!! And One gentleman returned twice! =) & to the other Friends who stopped by & also bought croissants, it was truly awesome to see you & visit with you! (Anna & Heather!!!)

As we ease on into this endeavor, our hours aren't posted as we work on getting a groove with kitchen detail, timing & serving, & what works best for you & me!!!  But We are open Wed-Sun!
Please bear with us, the only advertising thus far comes from Word of Mouth, This Blog, Facebook & the Opening Sign outside!!  Your continued support & spreading the word means alot to me on many levels & I can't thank you enough.

We have a great weekend planned & hope you can make it at some point!
Announcing tomorrow's hours:
FRIDAY September 14 we WILL BE OPEN in the Evening for PIZZA & Italian Fare using Local Produce & Basil from Friends on Stony Brook & Rochester VT! Grassfed Beef from another Local Friend in Rutland Town!!! 

So if you're hungry for Good Food & Good Music, Stop BY!!!!!!!  
5pm-9pm! & slices until 11pm unless the Dough runs out! 

At 8pm Local Music begins with Rick Redington! & The Luv Waitstaff will Sit In when the Time is Right! =) We're shaking things up here at The Wild Fern! 

Please keep in mind, our tiny little space can only hold 30 people, so plan accordingly!!! =) 

Until further notice, IT is BYOB!!! 
& Now, after just having made our first Black River order(I was nervous as I pressed the send button as its the first $$'s being reinvested to move forward!!), we will also have Cold Hollow Apple Cider to sell & ring in what's going to be a Fine Fall!!

AGAIN, MANY MANY THANKS! 
Love,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment