Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wall Paper? Who actually invented it?


Yay!!
Wallpaper is down! A few layers later & the job only took a few days! As I began, the repeat button in my head kept going off, "so who invented wall paper?


Well, as the internet would have it, Around 4000 B.C., the earliest known form of "paper" was introduced:  Egyptian papyrus.
As early as 200 BC, the Chinese having invented paper, were gluing rice paper on their walls. That's pretty old.
It arrived in America in 1739 & the history indeed goes on, but needless to say, it's one creative improvement many take to add dimension, depth, color, interest, etc to a wall space.

But, I'm going to stick with paint. I like Paint people!

So, Big thanks to Zoe, Ben, Meghan, Robin & Paige for helping me get this done! Thanks to Terry for the water/vinegar tip! It worked great! Except for the squirts in the eye!

And Zoe? Thank you for taking the innitiative to clean up! I'll take it when I can get it! &, GREAT JOB ON YOUR BEDROOM!! =)






what hands look like after tearing at wall paper!










what I look like after tearing at wall paper!  
     



 THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment