Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Word About The Biz & Drinks~

As most know, starting a business is firstly, SCARY! haha! oh yes it is! Second, there's a lot of legal stuff you have to figure out too. And then there's all the licenses, the tax accounts(say what?), the Liquor License plus a day spent in liquor control classes(seriously?) Oh & a health inspection! & I think someone told me the hood has to be inspected too. Geesh, it sure is a lot to just get some good food out to the PUBLIC.

Luckily for me I have some good friends on Stony Brook & one happens to be experienced in legal matters & helped me out with The LLC!
Thank you Greg! you rock! Not to mention, you brew excellent beer. And wouldn't it be awesome to have your finely crafted delicious beer on tap at The Wild Fern?
Well, the future looks bright, so we'll wait & see if Greg takes his brewing passion to that level =)

In addition to talking with Local Growers on Stony Brook(yes!!) Then there's lining up accounts with Non Local-Purveyors like Black River Produce & UNFI who proudly distributes King Arthur Flour! Yay!! Oh! &!! Taste Nirvana Real Coconut Water! 

Have you tried this? excuse me while I rant about Coconut Water for a moment! It took some convincing! 

Rick has been on a manic search for delicious tasting coconut water since he visited Jamaica some years ago & a wisely handsome Jamaican expounded upon the wonders of coconuts to him.

His recent travels to California to play his music for The West Coast led him to a far off coastal stop where he discovered Taste Nirvana Real Coconut Water.  

In his quest over the years, he offers a sip to me of the various brands he finds. NONE have ever suited my particular tastes!!! Its NO EXAGGERATION. 
In my mind, they all have been, well, let's leave it at, not very tasty, until THIS ONE. It is wonderful. Light, refreshing, & the pulp pleasurable to the pallet. I'm not exaggerating I promise.

These photos are shot by Rick Redington on his 
Trip To The West Coast!
& if you like these, just wait till you see what's coming from the aspiring young photographer.


We PLAN to carry Taste Nirvana Real Coconut Water, yes it's true!

If you stopped by The Wild Fern for a Pepsi or Coke, well, you will be thirstily disappointed!
& Besides, you can stop anywhere for Corporate Sodas.
We will be brewing Fresh House Made Iced Tea & Squeezing Lemons for House Made Lemonade & perhaps there will be some Natural Sodas with sweet flavors like Black Cherry or Orange Cream. We are definitely searching for a Local Rootbeer, that I can tell for sure! So if you know of any, please let us know.

So, I'm hoping for a phone call from the sweet man Bob about a Health Inspection. I hear he's a groovy guy & likes to keep things clean ;)

Luv from The Wild Fern =)

No comments:

Post a Comment